744 Williamson - Madison Candy Company Building

744 Williamson - Madison Candy Company Building
Built 1903 

The Madison Candy Company business first began at the Machinery Row building, 611 Williamson, with Thomas F. Prendergast, president.  The red brick building at 744 Williamson was built in 1903, designed by John Nader, architect.  It was home to the Richard E. Ela Industrial Supply Company until the 1990s. The adjacent building had a farm implement and tractor dealer.






Madison Candy Co, 1903   Madison Candy Co, 1903. Courtesy of John Martens.

Fred Steinsberger Sr. of 743 Williamson, standing in front of the Madison Candy Company building.   Fred Steinsberger Sr, Madison Candy Co Building in background. Courtesy of Betty Steinsberger.

Madison Candy Co. building, 1945. The business first began at the Machinery Row building, 611 Williamson, with Thomas F. Prendergast, president. The red brick building at 744 Williamson was built in 1903, designed by John Nader, architect. It was home to the Richard E. Ela Industrial Supply Company until the 1990s. The adjacent building had a farm implement and tractor dealer.